If you ever had an ingrown toe nail, you know how painful it can be. It hurts like hell, right? If you don’t treat your ingrown toe nail, you will have to surgically remove it afterwards. This can be both frustrating and costly. So it’s best to treat the ingrown toe nail sooner. Here are some home remedies to get rid of ingrown toe nails:
- Proper Diet – People who eat sweet foods are more prone to ingrown toe nails. So it’s best to avoid eating sweet foods until you get rid of your condition. Sugar weakens the cuticle of the toe which develops ingrown toe nail. So you should minimize the sugar content in your diet and invest in the best work boots for plantar fasciitis.
- Place a Cotton Roll – Another remedy to get rid of ingrown toe nail is to place something below the nail so that it continues to grow outside and not the inside. You should place a cotton roll or a wick beneath the toe and change it every day. This will straighten the nail and it won’t grow into the skin.
- Cut the toe nail properly – This is more of a caution remedy. You should always cut the toe nail in the straight direction and not curved. You should also use good quality nail clippers so that your nails don’t tear. Cut the nails short but not too short.
- Use White Vinegar – If you feel that the ingrown toe nail might get affected, add two tablespoon of vinegar in a bucket of hot water. Now put your feet in the water. The vinegar will stop the infection and prevent it from damaging your feet. For daily use, make sure you have the best work boots for flat feet.
- Hydrogen peroxide – Hydrogen peroxide is quite beneficial in healing ingrown toe nail. Just mix half cup of hydrogen peroxide in water and soak your feet in it for fifteen minutes. The toe nail will become soft which will reduce pain and prevent further infection. You can also put hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball and apply it on your feet.
- Potassium Permanganate – An interesting to heal ingrown toe nail is to put your feet in a solution of potassium permanganate and water. Potassium permanganate acts as a natural disinfectant and prevents infection.
- Lemon – This is an easy remedy. Just cut a lemon in half and apply it on the affected area. Leave the lemon overnight.
- Removing The Nail – You can also partially remove the ingrown toe nail. You shouldn’t do this yourself but make an appointment with the doctor. Go to a qualified doctor, so that he trims the nail perfectly.
- Vicks VapoRub – This product is basically aimed at preventing cold and coughs but you can also use it to get rid of ingrown toe nails. It acts as an antiseptic which cleans off all the infections. Just apply this ointment directly on your nail and leave it for about 12 hours. You can apply it at night and wash it in the morning.
- Wear Sandals – You shouldn’t wear closed shoes without proper insoles and inserts as long as you have an ingrown toe nail but instead wear sandals. To better understand the situation, put yourself in the place of your toes. Would you like to be placed in dark room when you are sick? So the point is that healing process will speed in open air.
An ingrown toe nail can make you depressed. So follow these amazing remedies to get rid of ingrown toe nails.